Friday, August 15, 2008

Oregon City Trek LDS testimony Mormon


(Written on the Trek, July 11th,2008,
by Tayla , 17 years old)


My name is Tayla Mae , daughter of Deborah and Earl . I have seven siblings that I know and love individually even more than I ever considered possible. My ancestors include Heber C. Kimball, Orson Pratt, Adam and Eve, Joseph Smith, and many more. I hail from the proud lineage of Ephraim and Israel.


I am a pioneer and my duty is to serve and love God. There never was nor will ever be a duty more important than that.


I have friends in high places and heavenly parents that love and guide me. I have a future family that cheers me on. I am a princess and daughter of God and I have decided to act on it.


I believe in the glory and purpose of every creature. I know that God loves everything form the sun to an earwig. I know he cares for and plans every being and life he creates.


I know there is power in the priesthood and that sacred ordinances exist that seal families, cleanse souls, raise the dead, heal the sick, baptize the departed, and bestow gifts of unimaginable power. I know that someday I will marry a man that posesses this power and it will bless and protect our family.


I know without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is another testament of God an that it is translated correctly. I believe the Bible supports it and offers guidelines that help bring people closer to God. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true and whole and, indeed mormon or more-good in this world. It's teachings are sound simple and they will carry families into eternity.


I know God loves me. I know that tgoing on this Trek has brought me closer to Him and I will be blessed because of it. I know, I know, and I will not forget.



I will not forget my

God.

Zion Lives In Me.


I seal this testimony in the name of JESUS CHRIST, my brother, savior, guide, and friend, whose name has been placed upon me to honor and cherish.


AMEN.





No comments: